Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Melissa's Story part 2


TALE OF THE FOUR BRIDES

"My True-Life Fairy Tale"
By Melissa P.
Part 2

Jolene Rose


 I went back to school for my junior year just a week after the break up.
 I was nervous and scared, but also thrilled to see what my God was going to do!  My desire going into that semester was to fall in love with my Savior first and allow Him to bring my prince charming to me this time.  I wish I would have figured that out years ago!
 
 And then once again......it happened,
 someone came along to comfort me. 

  But this time, it was “as a friend” and a brother in Christ.  He respected my space and prayed for me all through that time, expecting nothing in return.   
 A month or two past and this young man,  Mark, began to show more of an interest in me.   I have to admit, it freaked me out!  I was so scared to mess up again.  I did not want my interest in him to be simply rebound and search for comfort.  I needed to get that comfort for Christ, not a man.  So, when we began to discuss a relationship, I panicked!  Something was telling me that I was not ready for that step yet and I needed to slow down! 
 That something was God Himself saying; fall in love with me first!  I know I devastated Mark when I told him I needed a week of not talking to him to figure out what God wanted.  He already knew what God wanted, but I could not take his word for it...I needed my Father’s Word! 

meaning reading list of

                Mark was wonderful about it!  He told me to take all the time I needed to know the Lord’s will.  He tells me now that his flesh fought hard against him.  He wanted to walk away and give up for fear of being hurt again, himself.  But, the Lord told him to simply wait and to trust Him.  So that’s what he did; wait and pray.  College friends told him to give up on me! “She never knows what she wants,” they would say; with which Mark would reply, “Yes she does. She wants God’s will and I respect that!”

                The week began rough as my flesh wanted to give into my feelings and just “fall in love’” with no guidance from the Lord.  But I ran to the arms of my Savior and begged for His peace!”  As I looked to Him, He began to give me that sweet peace that truly passes all understanding!  Still leery, I asked Him to send me something special to confirm that Mark was truly my prince.  That’s when my encounters with my beautiful blue jays began!  Anytime the Lord would remind me of a promise from His Word, I would see a blue jay in a tree, flying by a window, or sitting upon my favorite rock at the college. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi7GZiRRvYtOStz9UpwDxv2teBLsgAy_pCbWFbu9AFcZO9dW5FOWiapGe3MWcPEG3fGsrSvuYEEUzj-dsk9F6d2bwCounVEv9P8uKNRnNi2hpwK25BbASQoZSbuqx0GSvnuujgin9cW4zpO/s1600/Blue_Jay_Bird.jpg
 Yes, a little thing like that reminded me of the Lord’s promises and they still do to this day.  Mark brought to my attention at one point that just like God’s promises, blue jays stick around all year long!  
The Lord had answered my prayer!
                We began dating on November 8, 2010 and due to my illnesses I had to quit school, go back home to Indiana, and spend the rest of the year in a long distance relationship.  I tell you my friend, if our relationship was not of the Lord, there is no way we would have made it eleven months apart.   

 

The Lord gave us an overabundance of grace during that period of time.  I would be lying if I said it was not that hard, because my heart resided in New England while I was back in Indiana. 

  But the Lord saw us through, and on November 11, 2011 I married my prince charming and let me tell you; because God did the work in bringing our two hearts together,
 I’ve never felt more like a princess! 

 



 
 

So, there you have it; my real life fairytale! 
 It was so simple;

just let God take hold of the situation and He’ll bring along the greatest of His promises! 



 “Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord, trust also in Him and he shall bring it to pass... Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him...”  Psalm 37:4,5 & 7   
Those words never rang so true for me as they have now!  

~Mrs. Melissa P.~


Melissa is a pastor's wife here in New England,
 her husband Mark was recently ordained and is now the Pastor of a small, but quickly growing independent Baptist church here in New England.
Melissa is a very sweet and compassionate young lady with a wonderful sense of humor!

Melissa has her own blog!
You can visit her here at
Highest Calling

Be sure to leave her a note that you read her story here!!




God bless, 
~Rebecca


Amanda's story will be up next!! Be sure to come back!!





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic story! I too had been hurt several times and when the "real one" came along it was all I could do to not run the other way. Good thing God grabbed ahold of my shirt tails and kept my feet planted where they were. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete